Laying cables on Sunday

Today is Sunday and since my Wife and Kids are staying overnight, I had nothing else to do but to go work today. Ha ha ha. OK, this was because my customer is working on a 24hour shifts and today was the only day they could spare a few hours for us. They had to relocated two office cabins away from one side of the wall due to CF issue. And where the cabins go, we have to make sure the phones follow them too. So, our job is to lay the cables to the new site. As the place is just one huge warehouse, there were some issues about heights. Still, once I realised that if I do not look down and concentrate on the job at hand, I should be OK and not panic.

Twenty feet and standing on a rickety pallet hoisted from a forklift was a real test for me.

In the meantime, I got some nice GPS signals. This is the
shot from Garmin XT, which at one glance tells you all
everything you needed to know about things you want
to know but was too clueless to ask.


And this is the screen from Nokia's own GPS. You have
to tap the screen to see the Global GPS map compared
to Garmin XT. But I really do like this screen where the
clumn bars turn electric blue once the lock (I think) on
to the GPS satellite.

No comments: