DIY Phone Holder

Remember the scraps of metal I took and formed into a semi-container? Well, its about almost 80% ready, which is good enough. The magnets worked really well and the phone did not fall out on average bumps.

The other 20% are the missing black foam tapes, the same ones I used for my Lightsaber years ago. Unfortuantely, I could not find them anymore after the last move. And I am actually mulling about buying them again from RS. However, the price has gone up slightly, to about almost RM100. Ouch. Speaking of tapes, the acrylic double-sided tapes are really good at keeping it to the car's dashboard, eventhough when the car is left under the Sun.

So, the green area is for where the black foam are supposed
to go to, and I am currently using a scrap piece of grey foam
underneath as this (yellow) would form a gap between the
Nokia 5800's speakers and the case. The result is that the
sound coming out would be more directed and better. But,
if I really wanted it to be exact, I would have to put in some
metal slabs at an angle so the sound can be better reflected.
But I am not going to. At this moment.

No comments: