Stuff from the 100yen store

While I was on the way to the customer, I could not help but stop by the Damansara Uptown's 100 yen store. This was also the store where I got those nifty boxes to store my memory cards and other mini whatnots. And so, I spotted these two really must-have items; a torchlight and another box. The only downside is that these items are supposedly selling at 100 yen each (RM3.70) but I have to pay RM4.90 for it......

OK, so, for less then RM5.00, I got this nifty looking
torchlight. And although it has a very loose switch
(a plastic slider which moves up and down to touch
the two metals) it was the design which attracted me

It has a nice stand, where you can fold it about and
then use it to point the light to where you want it.
Just standing there, I am already having ideas.....

The construction of the torch is very simple. Think of it
as a tube with covers on both ends. In the middle would
be the battery case, the bulb (yes, bulb!) and switch.

Here is the other item I bought, which is another case

Back home, after getting some batteries, the torch looked
very bright thanks to the reflector and has a nice weight
to it. So, what are my plans for this? I am not sure yet but
I plan to put some running lights into it and perhaps, some
RF remote receiver so I can change the running light order
from far. Unfortunatetly, its going to be one of those space
versus power issues again as the remote receiver uses a
standard 12volt voltage and there is not much space inside
the torch unless I gut the whole battery casing and really
customise it from scratch. Hey, thats a very good idea!
Very good indeed!

And so, this time, the box will be used to store my precious
microprocessor chips which always disappear when I really
needed them. (And when I do find them, I would curse as
they would appear in two's or three's) And these fragile chips
and not cheap either. No cheap chips to chip cheap cheap.

No comments: