Art Asylum NCC-1701A Revisited

One of the items which I managed to get hold of when Wife was cleaning the room was the Art Asylum toy which I bought years ago. I would carefully take it out about once a year, check it, put in the batteries and "play" with it for a while, before taking more pictures and putting it back. The toy was made with so much detail that I am surprised. Because normally, for such price, they do not.

And now, because of a stuck button, I am now "licensed" to take it apart. Bwhahahahahah!

Want a detailed NCC 1701-A but without the hefty price tag?
Want a robust NCC-1701-A that is quite big? Want a model
that has light and sound? Then this is for you.
Forget about Bandai although its very detailed but too small
and expensive. Forget about AMT/ERTL as its big but too
inaccurate. Forget about Polar Lights as although its big, its
very intimidating and yes, its still a model kit.


Just look at the surface detail! (Ignore the dome as
its stuck.) If you want, you can scrape off the words,
then paint the aztec plates and use a new decal and
it would be still perfect.


Oh, the ring of lights. The Ring of Lights
How beautiful you are. But in this case,
you really need a photo-etched part.

Just look at the details on the secondary hull.
Makes me want to drill hole and light it up
with fibre optics.


Even the recreation room windows are there.

I know its stuck with super glue and so, whenever
I can, I will try to force the plastics apart.

Want to see how big the Polar Lights model is?
Yep. When its done (eventually), its 1 metre long

No comments: