Chopsticks & Hot Char Koey Teow

After coming back home, I rushed to the kitchen to see what I could scoff for lunch. As my Boss came back the night before, there was some briefing and so, there was no time for breakfast or any other meal. I kept thinking about having a nice Nasi Lemak but when I looked at my watch, it was already past eleven in the morning. Finding some hot oily char koey teow, I settled for lunch. Then, minutes later, Kaelynn came in, curious as to why I did not rush to play with my computer (ha ha) saw me having my lunch. I then asked if she wanted some but knowing her, she knows its hot and thus refused my offer.

Then Kristine came in and I asked her if she wanted some of the hot char koey teow or not. Suprisingly, she said OK and so, I fed her. The Kaelynn was curious why I was using chopsticks and who taught it to me. And so, after replying that it was my parents, I began to teach her as well. Since she was still a bit too young, she could not grasp the idea. But Kristine did and she showed off to her sister.

But this time, seeing her sister eating the hot char koey teow, she wanted some as well

Kristine holding the chopsticks

This is how you do it. (Almost there)

And so she tried it with the small pieces of cake which
they cut with scissors earlier in the day.

And so, like me, when I was young, Kristine ate the
char koey teow bit by bit and washed them down
with my mug of cold water.

Kaelynn at first wanted to be fed before getting her
own bowl and her cup of water


Guess where most of my lunch ended up?

No comments: