The Philishave cable

Dad wanted me to have a look at his shaver cord. Apparently, its falling to bits, which is strange since cables do not do that. This is the cable that charges his shaver while the other end is connected to the mains.

Looking at the cables, I am very very puzzled.
Normally, Philips products do not give us any
problems. Dad is worried that the cables will
come apart and cause some electrocution to
anyone who is not aware of the problem.

So, when I took a closer look, it seems the protective
sheath is crumbling. This is the same symptoms I've
experience with all my Casio watches where the resin
straps sort of crumbled away as if they're made from
plasticene. And its always just a few days after a year.
Touch wood, I hope my 4-year old Pro-Trek does not
do this as well.


As I was carrying it in my camera sling bag,
all the pieces fell in there. And its a chore to
pick them up as if you press them too hard,
they will break into smaller pieces, I guess.

[Update 08.11.2009]
Well, the good news is, I will not have to cut the cables and solder new ones (which is a waste) or get a replacement cable (since they might want to ask me for money). This was because I have tested the output of the charger as its only delivering 24volts DC. Not 240AC or 110AC. So, its practically safe.

No comments: