The Gift from Singapore

What started out years ago, finally, stops this year. Through a friend of mine, I was introduced to this client who installs voice machines on PABX systems. Problem is, he is based in Singapore and so, depends on people like us to do the job.

What we did was to be his 'eyes and hands' for his clients and sometimes, due to mistakes, we would not charge him despite him urging us to do so. And what is so good was that during every Chinese New Year, he sends gifts specially to me but as usual, I forget to return the favour when the time comes. And so, last year, I send him a nice marble cake in Singapore via on-line since there is no favourable companies on Malaysia that can reliably fulfil my requests.

And this time, he returned the favour. Yep. Except this time, for some strange reasons, it was delivered to our company's (OK, ex-company) old address. And so, by stroke of luck, the recipient was resourceful enough to give us a call and kept it for me. Anyway, this is the last one since I have told him I have resigned. Still, I told him that he can still rely on my Boss and if there is any problem, he can still call me.

Nice or not? I don't think there is any company
in Malaysia that can come up with such design.

No comments: