Custom remote

OK, I want to make my own custom remote control system after seeing a video on Iron Man props. The reason i am doing this is because the remote control system I bought was too big for my project: It has four channels while I only needed one. So, the only solution is to make my own.

Which (I think) is very simple since I can just follow the modules used in the original circuit. Basically, what you need is the RF transmitter and a matching RF receiver. Then you would need the voltage regulator plus a relay and that's it.

Yeah, right. Easier said than done.

This is a four channel transmitter but I will only
be using one. The other three will be useless or
until I can think of another solution for it.

The transmitter is a very simple module. Here, you have
the battery, the encoder chip and well, the code sequence.

The code sequence here is just a matter of soldering the
appropriate links. They used to have miniature dip switches
but it takes up a lot of space. The only down side is that
when you want to change the codes, you have to de-
solder and re-solder it. Which might wear out the board.

And finally, here is the decoder parts. On the left
is the RD receiver and then on the right is the IC
for decoding the code from the transmitter. As for
the SMT resistors, they are to match the RF
transmitter's frequency. What is not shown here
is the voltage regulator and the relay as I have
not decided on which voltage system to use.

No comments: