Mooncake Festival 2010

Being an absolute and 100% banana, I did not know that today is Mooncake Festival Night. It was not until my Wife SMSed me to remind me not to work too late tonight. And also, maybe its pure coincidence that I went about Jalan Raja Laut looking for 'stuff'. And so, I happen to come across a real Chinese lady who sold me some LED candles before I could tell her I do not understand Mandarin. However, when she mentioned RM6.00, it all became clear.

Last year, these candles were on sale in eBay but the prices they commanded was ludicrous. And here, she is selling for RM3.00 each, a fraction of a fraction of the price. What is so specail this time was that apart from the almost real flickering of the LED, when you blow it, it will go off, just like a real candle.

Silly old me went and bought them, all the while thinking about the wind/air switch that can be salvaged. Little did I know, there is no such thing and these Chinese were ingenious when it came to solving that problem.

The girls were happy with the LED candle because
although each have their own lantern, there were
no candles. So, Kristin had the bright idea of using
them on the lanterns. Clever girl!

The girls demonstrating how to switch it 'off'

And so, under the bright moonlight, I had
lens flare.

Still, the girls had their fun, thanks
to Kristine's smart thinking. And no,
we did not put idea into her head
either. So, Boys and Girls, I suspect
it must be the milk powder at play.

I had to use the flash to take some
shots as it was too dark.

The mystery of the wind switch solved.Its actually
a microphone in there, connected
to a microprocessor
(black glob), acting as
a sound switch. This is because
when you
blow through the hole, it creates noise for
the mic and so, it swithes on or off. In other words, you
can even clap your hands or
place it near a speaker
for some funky
effects. Heh.

This was a 10 second exposure shot for fun where
I told the
girls to stay still. Something which is
incredibly hard
for them to do...... ha ha ha ha.

No comments: