The Helmet

[19.10.2010 2020]

And right after that, I went to my next appointment. This is to help another member which nexus knew. And if it was not for him, I would not even be bothered to help the young chap out. They are going to make a helmet from a certain film which will be shown in December. And so, it must be ready by November. This is my first time seeing his helmet and I must say, his progress so far is quite impressive. Other than that, I will keep my opinions to myself.
Anyway, as his helmet is not ready until the first week of November, I cannot do much because there are no measurements for me to take. For my requirement, I need to know how much space there is inside the helmet so that I can use the correct LEDs.

This is the prototype circuit. So far, what you see are the
LEDs for one side of the helmet. Once I have the other
electronics figured out, I would be needing at least three
more prototype boards. Since the pattern for the LEDs
are 'random' I basically came up with 13 sequences but
at the cost of chip memory. So, he can only select the
pattern in random.

This is his helmet so far, with my LEDs running in
the background. Its not finished yet because there
are so much more things to do. Maybe I will visit
him at the end of the month to see his progress.

No comments: