EL

It finally came. thanks to Jonathan Dei. And I was feeling quite excited too.

Had to keep this as casual as possible knowing a
certain busybody at the office that can cause a lot
of damage and rumours.

Back home, when the parcel was opened, I got one
A4 White and one A4 Blue EL sheets plus a metre
of white EL string. The rest are the 12 volt PSU &
their inverters. The inverters are very important
for the EL to light up.

This is how the EL sheets look like when not lit. The
inverter has a switch which allows you to switch it
on or off and a simple flashing mode too.

And this is how it looks like when lit. Notice the white
one glows brighter than the blue. This is just a simple
test. Once I have the time, I will see what else I can do.

Now, this is how an EL looked like when lit. And so, maybe its the inverter or something else but the actual fact is, EL will never be as bright as you want it to be, when you want it to be in my case. Still, I plan to cut it into smaller strips, which in effect, reduces the area and maybe glows even brighter.

No comments: