The Range Rover Evoque

I was on the way to visiting a customer when I passed by the Kenanga International Building. What caught my eye was this display of the new Land Rover Evoque. Its a very imaginative way of displaying a new model without having to show the whole thing.

The outline of the model would create a sense of curiosity for those who really wants to see the model when it really comes out. Either that or they do not have the car yet.

Anyway, which brings me to another topic: Movie Trailers.

When there is a new movie coming out, you would soon know about it because of the trailers popping up all over the media. However, in Malaysia. its irritating because the same trailer pops up every commercial break. Its as if they think that by doing this, people would flock to the cinemas and trampling the Pirates at the same time. Right, yeah.

I have not been watching TV for years now, and if there is a new movie, I try not to watch the trailers since they would make or break the movie, in my case. There is an unofficial rule of thumb here, which, to me is an indication when a movie would suck when the trailer has 'too much' exploding or fighting scenes. And if there are multiple trailers but with one or two repeating scene, deep in your heart, you'd know it. For all you know, these could be the best scenes in the movie. Gone were the time where trailers were specially made to keep you interested for weeks at a time. Nowadays, everyone expects the trailers to lift scenes from the movie instead.

Yep, sucks doesn't. And sometimes, a trailer is so 'revealing' you'd know how the whole movie ends without ever having to go to the cinema. Notice how I did not talk much about the car but moved on to another topic? Yep, because apart from the display, there were no other source of information on hand. And if I were to use my memory, like any other passerby, by the time I reached to a place where there is Internet, I would have already forgotten what it was all about in the first place.

This is the new Land Rover Evoque on display. For
those
who are not familiar with this concept, this is
the wireframe
version for people who wants to be
noticed.


And this is how the wireframes were highlighted.
Blue LEDs from the ground.

I don't know about you but I don't think this
skeleton version is going to sell well...

No comments: