Dust

When DUST was first introduced in the early 2000, I was quite interested. What caught my attention was the drawings on their website which, was more of a "What if Germany won WWII" scenario, or something to that vein. Little did I know, it steered my modeling journey towards Ma.K. Unfortunately, after their announcement and much fanfare, DUST became very very quiet.

It was not until last year that I heard of DUST again. And this time, it was brought in locally by another company, to be sold at Hobby HQ. The prices for these items are quite pricey but its normal. But hang on, before you scream "rip-off", hear me out.

These 'mecha' models are cast in resin, and when you open the box, its not just lumps of resin in a polybag. No, they have put a lot of effort into packing each individual piece and present them in the best design possible. When I had the chance to open one, it was like opening a treasure chest and pulling out each piece to be assembled is like mere blasphemy to something so sacred. 

OK, on the other hand, this is a perfectly normal price for a resin kit, moreso, when its related to gaming. Don't believe me? Go to any gaming shop and just peep (yes, peep, not stare) at the price tag. Then you start to appreciate your 1/35 tanks more. Ha ha.

Instead, I settled for this cheaper kit, which is a 1/35 PLASTIC model kit. Now, I have some DUST.

This is almost on par with the selection of 1/35 figures on sale. But if you compare it with the number of parts, details etc. Its still a bit on the pricey side. Good thing is, if you buy this, then you add a box of German troops that comes with a lot of accessories, its bliss. Lastly, it pays to buy at Hobby HQ because, this is not the price I am paying for. Heh. Made me wanted to buy another box but well, it was the last one.

This is something new to model kit box packaging. I have never seen this design except for computer related items such as mouse and keyboards.

And looking at the instructions and the plastic sprues, its going to be an enjoyable time. But alas, into the 'to-do' bin first. Now is not the time, plus, Chinese New Year is less than a week away...

No comments: