22052016 Extending my pipe

There is one thing I hate with those liquid pump dispensers when the liquid is at its minimal level. We're all been there where we just kept pushing that poor dispenser down repeatedly hoping to get all the liquid out. And the poor little thing could only spit out bubbles and small blobs. Its not a problem if you have the same type of refill but when its a different one, yeah, like moi, I'd like to get them all out before the cleaning.

And the worst thing? Opening that damn thing when your hands are wet and full of suds just to pour out the precious last drops of detergent to prolong the inevitable. Yeah, no one hates to clean it for the next refill.

Anyway, after more than two decades, I have found the perfect solution. The previous ideas of using flexible hose was great except for one minor detail; no one is going to sell you 12 inches or less for your washing fetish. And so, I did not think much about since I'm a sadist when it came to the pump dispenser.

But through a chance conversation, a certain colleague in the electrical department introduced me to some very nice flexible hose. It has the right diameter (and is a possible component for the Ghostbusters Proton Pack prop).


And so, here is it, the 8mm hose which is quite strong too. When I have the time, I'll look into the Ghostbusters Proton Pack to see if this is the right hose as well.

I don't believe in mixing the liquids and so after some nice cleaning/flushing, I filled the 'Goat's Milk' with 900ml of ZIP's 2014 International Award Winning Lemon Verbena, awarded by The Chicago Anthenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design. In other words, the snap-locked cap was PITA to open.
Yeah, so now I can keep on pumping and my rigid pipe will take care of everything.

No comments: