12062016 Advanced Salad Preparation

Salads has to be fresh and eating those that are weeks old are not adviseable. And depending on the sauce you used, its all soggy and brown in the end. When you see  it, you know you're playing with the diarrhea roulette.

The salads tends to juice out after a day or so and its not a good thing. So, this time, I am going  to try another method; dice all the fresh stuff but  don't mix them yet and store them all in the fridge. Only when I really need to make the actual salad, I'll boil the eggs, potatoes and add in the sauce/mayo.


Red Pepper Grenadine. Tasted more normal

I am starting to get the hang of removing the turnip's skin.

And so, there you have it. The diced cucumbers, carrots, turnips, onions and chillies, ready to go into  the fridge.

This is the other half of the Roasted Chicken which my Wife bought for me from Giant. Since it  was in the fridge, the cold had literally frozen everything which made it easier for me to remove the flesh (or dismantle it)

Yep, I'd say they qualify for the salads or a new one. But in the meantime, into the fridge they go.

This would be my weekly fruits. Wife aid to leave the skin on so that they last longer. I think I'm going to slice/cube some and add them to the ice-cream...

Apple juice and cubed kiwis. Horrible
So, technically, for the next 10 days or so, I will have fresh salad.

No comments: