20241001 More Tools for the Restroom

 Sooo..... yeah. She came back to me more than two weeks ago, saying her 'key' broke... The only problem is that the 8mm x 8mm or so-ish square tube is missing.


Introducing the Key 2.0

Well, I had to make another one for her since I do not want to give her mine. I need to find more of the square tube and the most convenient place for me was Kepong's CKTPlamodelShop. I wanted to go to the original place where I got the tube from by the time I beat the evening's traffic snarl, they could be closing. Of course I can pay and use the Tolls but knowing the traffic condition, the result would be the same.

And so, over the Weekend, I got the second key made and this time, without the careful considerations. I kind of shoved everything inside.

The largest Tube I could find was the 6mm x 6mm and so, I used the thickest plastic strip I could find, which was 0.75mm. Iused them to make the edges thicker. Anyway, this is as close enough to make the key. And this time, I drilled the hole slightly towards the middle so this key can be used on both ends. Once I glued and stuff a small tube inside (to reinforce the hole), I let in the JB Weld mix and sealed off both ends.

 

When the JB Weld has cured, I drilled a small 5mm hole since one of those toilet roll key slot has a small indentation.

 

The broken key (left) and the replacement (right)

 

No comments: