The Trip down South Part One

Today, I get to drive the van all the way down to Seremban, folks. And I have two customers there to visit. One was to take back their faulty fax machine and replace it with a loaner. And the other, which is going to take some time, would be to upgrade their existing PABX to a bigger unit.

But before that, I was in the middle of installing another PABX in Subang. So, since I was needed to be there in Seremban, I have no choice but to hand over the Subang job to my two monke..er, technicians. By the time I have finished briefing them, I was already late. Installing a PABX is easy. But replacing one is not. This is because when you install a PABX for the first time at a site, everything is new, especially the telephone cables, so you can cut them to any length. But when it comes to replacing a PABX, it is not that easy and its really time consuming. You have to carefully disconnect all the cables and label them since they’re going to be used again. If not, you’d soon discover that your client’s extension numbers have gone amok which will really make you waste more time in recovering that error. Not only that, you’d also be spending a lot of time ‘copying’ programs from the old PABX to the new one so that the upgrade is as transparent as possible.

By the time I finished with that last job, it was already past nine at night. I was tired and sleepy as well but then, my Wife called saying that Kristine wants another lipstick/sweet which made me stopped at a few Petronas stations. Most of them were out or either have green lipstick. Luckily, the last Petronas before Highway exit had some and I still do not know why the clerk eyed me suspiciously when I told him that the sweet was for my daughter.



This is the Seremban F1. Try to overtake without being
hit by the oncoming traffic. Its not that easy with a van.


Its very late at night and the lights are starting to
look nice..........zzzz........nice.......um........... wake up!

No comments: