Trip to Sg. Petani Day 2

It feels weird and familiar sleeping in a house full of people whom I know. In fact, I can describe the feeling to be "comfortable". Although its weird, I like to have a lot of family members around me and yet I feel lonely (sometimes) and WANT to be alone. Anyway, today is the second day and all I can say is, we're going to be eating and eating since there is nothing else to do here. OK, I have a plan to explore shopping centres but come to think of it, its a bit silly, driving up all the way just to shopping centres.

Still, because there are a lot of things to eat and also some Astro to distract us, time passed by very quickly. But its great for Wife because she get to enjoy herself once in a while. Not so great for me because she did not allow me to surf the Internet on one of the niece's Notebook in case I got "lost" for hours.

Kristine enjoying the flatness of the kitchen
floor tiles.


Oooh..... food on a stick! Want to know what it is?

Here you go. Unfortunately, Wife does not want me to keep the shells

So, the first activity of the day is to have brunch or shall I say, pre-lunch lunch?
We went to a place which is quite secluded. Its famous for its sotong kangkung

And also the otak-otak (Fish paste). This is a very fast shot because
Wife does not want me to take photos every few seconds. The chicken
rice was for Kaelynn but eventually, we ended eating them since the
two girls got full easily.


My Wife gave me this drink and all I can say it, it tasted like
blended red bean. Its very nice.


Here, the girls took my umbra drink, a blended drink made from
those kedondongs. Its expensive because these small kedondongs
are small, slightly bigger than a quail's eggs and so, someone must
paid for peeling the skins.


As for lunch, we went to another place which was famous for another dish.
No, not the fried squid as shown here, but

These soft fluffy bread with some kind of oily deep fried crispy
stuff in them. Mix it with the sotong above and its Heaven

At night, its at G.Tiang's. This is a nice place not because
every one wears a uniform but because of the delicious food

Here, we get to choose the fish to be
grilled and also, other seafood dishes.


So, we had a lot of food, from Hor Fun to fried sotong to cripsy
tofu (which is crispy outside and soft and creamy inside)

Then followed by the grilled fish, crabs and also some thing else I forgot.
By this time, Kaelynn was sleeping on my lap and so, I could either eat
or shoot photos.....


Kristine loved the crabs and we took turns getting the crab meat out
of the shells for her. By the time Kaelynn woke up, it was time to leave
the restaurant. Poor girl. Unfortunately, she did not have much appetite

Back home, the children amused themselves with Stack 'em, the
equivalent version of Jenga. Kristine got excited and then, all her
cousins allowed her to play. This shot was taken a split second
before it toppled.

Yep, she is great at it, with no falling blocks
(not by her doing anyway)

After a change of clothes, she continued
until she got too exited and bumped into
the glass coffee table. (The next morning
she had bruises)

No comments: