Lunch at La Bodega

Belated post[25.10.2009 14:00]

After having a restless night in the other room, I was still in a good mood. So, why am I in a good mood? Its not because I scolded the new neighbours yesterday but because we're going to have lunch at La Bodega, Bangsar! Actually, its my Sister-in-Law's treat as a reward for getting her nuvi GPS up and running. Funnily enough we know where La Bodega is and after all these years, I have never stepped foot in there. I mean, with a name like that, I am not even sure what it was all about. Then again, I am a chap-fan/tai-chau sort of person.

Still, this will be a great experience because, there will be no mistake about ordering the wrong/expensive type of food and still look like a fool. The only fact I realise is that its a Spanish restaurant/bar and not Mexican. Anyway, my SIL said to go for the tapas which I think was similar to side dishes or something. When I looked at the menu, I understood what she meant. The main dishes were all in one single boring page while the tapas was literally everywhere else.

The pictures looked weird because it was very dark
in there and I had to stop myself from using the
flash in case other patrons get annoyed. So, I lost a
lot of good pictures as they all got blurred.

The first dish to arrive was the prawns. I am not sure
what the real name was since I was not the one who
did the ordering. But its prawns soaked in hot boiling
(olive?) oil along with slices of garlic and chili. But do
trust me, its salty as well. Throughout the whole time,
Kristine and I could not get enough of dipping the mini
french loaf into the oil and eating them. This is easily
the most favourite dish for me.

The second dish was the chicken with mashed potatoes.
I loved the mashed potatoes because it was mixed with
butter and some herbs. The chicken was delicious too.
But I kept eating the bread dipped in prawn oil......

Then came the asparagus, which is nice but then
again, I am not used to the (really) cooked ones
and served with butter and or garlic or something.
So we dipped the bread into the prawn oil.......

Last but not least, came the duck. Its nice, but tasted
too much duck. And the mashed potatoes that came
with it was pink in colour. So I ate most of the duck
and the decorations that came with it.

And then I spreaded the pink mashed potatoes
onto the bread that was dipped in prawn oil.


As the (or my) Salmon dish did not arrive, I was
not too bothered with it since I had to finish all
the duck but at the same time, going through the
third basket of bread which I dipped in prawn oil

Kristine and Kaelynn looking out of the window. I had
to use flash here. I wanted to order the paella out there
but I think at RM30.00 per person, it was not worth it.

Anyway, after the lunch, my Sister in Law needed to go to KLCC while we had to go to Sungei Wang to look for Kristine's accessories. I wanted her to come along but this would mean detour and lateness to the second destination. By the time we reached Sg. Wang, the entrance turn into Imbi Plaza/Low Yatt was sealed off and so, I made a U-turn in (in front of the traffic police) and parked nearby BTS.

No comments: