Repairing my tools

Belated post[25.10.2009 23:09]

The trip to Sungai Wang was fruitful and everyone go what they wanted. Except for Mommy. Kristine and Kaelynn each got a bottle of nail polish (apart from Kristine's accessories) while I got my military belt. I was eyeing this belt for a very long time. And when I asked about it last year, it was RM150.00. Now, its only RM58.00 but despite trying to haggle for a lower price, the young urchin wouldn't budge. Anyway, with my waist pouch's belt going, I have to buy it. If I waited any longer, the belt would snap and my pouch would be useless, just like the old one.

This is my pouch. Notice how worn it is now


The yellow part shows where the missing piece has
snapped off. Its a sign that (I am getting fatter) the
buckle is going to go anytime soon.

There is a reason why I chose this design not
because of its military link.

The real reason is that the buckle is replaceable.
And right now, it is being held by velcro. Which
is very nice but since this is the biggest size, I
have to hold it in when I bend down as the belt
will be tied above my existing pants belt.

I had to turn the belt inside out so that one side has
the velcro patch (on the outside) which the pouch
easily clings while the inner side is smooth.

But I am not done yet. As the pouch is worn,
it cannot keep its shape and so, most of the
time, I feel that the tools are being crushed


As I have less than an hour to do this, I took
a piece of scrap trunking and shaped it into
a makeshift case.

There. Now all my tools are more or less organised.
But I would need some smaller casing to make some
smaller compartments which I will do later.

With the casing in place, which by coincidence, is
the same size as the pouch's, it now looks better.

With everything done, I was just in time to stop
the mischief by both girls. Yeah, they helped
themselves to their nail polish........

This one was more difficult as its not easy
to remove nail polish when someone is
sleeping. Because when she sleeps, she
tends to suck her fingers........

Unfortunately, I just remembered one other thing. How to power/test my Notebook when the power supply is burnt. The problem is that although I can whip up a makeshift power supply circuit but it needed more than 1Amp.

This is the fried power supply unit. In reality,
this is my third power supply.

This was my second power supply.

And so, devoid of a 15volt 5Amp power source,
I tried my luck with a 12volt PC PSU and it did
work! But there are some side effects such as
running at a slower speed, the hard disk is most
of the time, running and then I cannot charge
the batteries. Which is not a problem since the
batteries are dead; it cannot be recharged.


Finally, just before bedtime,
Kristine showed us her new
Tiara (which lasted a week)

No comments: