The Taking over of Nasi Lemak Resepi

Feeling a bit peckish, I decided to have a nice lunch since my oats ran out yesterday. No point getting a new bag and doing the Tuna as there's only two days left. And so, while I was walking towards the corner Mamak, I noticed a 'new' restaurant. Since they still have economy rice, I decided to try. There was nothing peculiar anout this place except its a bit too dark for a normal Chinese economy shop and they're not even Old Town. But once I finished my meal, it suddenly dawned on me.

This was a very ambitious Malays shop which opened for less than three months and closed. And opening the shop in an area where 90% are Chinese and one Mamak, they do faced a lot of competition. even the local Malay customers prefer the Mamak just two doors away. Maybe ite because the interior looked so posh, it gave the impression that the food could be expensive too. So, the new tenant saw that the decor was still intact and decided to keep it that way. How do I know, apart from the usual decor? Their WiFi name was still the same, that's why.

A Coke, some potatoes, a slice of luncheon meat
and the vege, plus free bland soup. RM6.00. ugh

Lots of flies. Can't judge the lunchtime crowd as I
was two hours late.

Nice interiors

But here in Kepong, no one gives a hoot.

No comments: