The truly Malaysian ICE Speaker

While I was at a friend's place, I spotted this speaker design which I believe is for local cars. Apart from the suble "Made in Malaysia" wordings, I believe it was the design which gave it away. A good example would be my car, which after more than a decade, is really rusting. And the speakers are always the first few component that needs replacing. This is because although they are located within the car door, it is still (technically) exposed to the environment. Rain water will seep into the car door and splashes onto the speakers. This was how my speaker connectors deteriorated as the voltage/current reacted with the water and caused very bad rust to the point the speaker connectors were gone. Right now, its still working thanks to a pair of crocodile clips. I can't even solder them.

So, you ask yourself, why is so great about this?
Its not the speaker I am interested in but the
design. The plastic piece (top left) is to shield
the speaker from the rain that comes through
the door and splashes on to the speaker.

And the connectors are shielded too since water
combines with current gives you a very bad
problem.

I don't mind getting them but its only 15watts.
But it has given me ideas. I wanted to make
them long ago but never got around to it. So,
once I get new speakers, I will do them.

No comments: