New heaphones

OK, my headphone's had it. Usually, when a headphone is faulty, it either has no sound on one side or even both or, in most cases, gives you that crackling noise. But mine is different; its gone nuts.

Yeah, that's just me. Things that happens to me are never normal.

I am sure there is a short in the wires because after four years, the outer sheath for the cables have gone quite brittle. If you bend it too much, it will break. But here, the problem is not that as I can use some electrical tape to cover them. The problem is that, *ahem* it gives me Karaoke style music. In other words, it combines both Left and Right channels and somehow, by some inexplicable reasoning or phase shifting, it canceled out the vocals.

So, there you have it. A four year old headphone,
with mismatched silicon earbuds, torn protective
sheath and of course, dirtied by years of abuse.

Everytime the protective sheath cracks or fall
off, I have to get new electrical tapes to cover.

There you go. This wasn't here last week. Its
so fragile. Must the the heat and UV from the
Sun bombarding the car everyday.

And so, finally, I bought another one, this time
with a much cheaper price of Rm19.00. OK, so
its missing a bottom cover in the box. So what?

Again, it has its own set of silicon ear thingies.
The original A4 Teach also have them but I
lost them somewhere.....

The Bass is nice and all but there is a problem in the
sense that the black cables are very stickly and very
rubberlike. So, this means the damn thing just kinks
itself everytime I want to use them.

And this so-called Gold Contact actually oxidised
and I had to wipe it clean before I can get some
good sound out of it. Also, see the black cable?
There is no strain relief which it think, its not
going to last long. Oh well.......

No comments: