Anakin Force FX Lightsaber Part II

[01.07.2010 22:10]

Now that I have some time with the kids sleeping, I decided to open the toy and see what the problem is. Opening it is not that easy but as I learnt through the Internet, and attempting it myself, I come to realise why this particular saber was built that way. Amazing.

With all the screws and stuff, opening them is
not easy but there were two very difficult ones
which I had no choice but to perform some very
mininal scratching.

When all the nuts and bolts are taken out,
you can slide the saber out of the hilt. And
yes, only the outer sheath is made of metal,
which gives you a very solid feeling when
holding it.

Too bad they did not come out with Qui-gonn Jin's Lightsaber. Not only is the design elegant, it challenges the designer's creativity when putting all the electronics in. But having opeend this saber, I more or less know how they will design it. Yes, the AA batteries can still fit in but not as a cylindrical pack, though.

No comments: