Anakin Force FX Lightsaber Part III

[03.07.2010 11:47]

OK, this morning, I have successfully removed the saber blade completely. I was hesitant because of the two metal pins which after trying to figure it out, the Internet just said to use a hammer and a rod.....

Circuit board which houses the sound effects.
Ribbon cable is to light the LEDs in the blade.

LEDs in the blade. Aha!


Epoxied the smash sensor. Now its more
sensitive. But still a bit weird. No point
going out to find another sensor as they
usually do not fit in there.

Finally, at 16:58, it is more or less complete. All I need
now is some weak glue to put the panel and the two
buttons together. End result is that the toy is more
responsive than before but occasionally, it has its
moments. One day, I shall go and have a look at
this sensor but not right now. I am tempted to get
one for myself but then again, there are other things
to think about.

Wife did have a look at the toy and tested it. But no comments, except after a few swings and hits, was her, "Is that it?". I had the same moment when I held it, swung it and hit it for the first time too.

"Is that it?"

Then again, maybe I am not a real Star Wars fan. Its just business.

No comments: