Gundam 1/100 ver. ka Core Booster

18082010 1816

Yes, this is my real mission. I have seen a new Gundam model kit, a ver. Ka Gundam-V Core Booster selling at RM99.90 at The Outpost Toys. And in the SFTPMS Forum, I declared that if, and if I do go back there in a week's time and if the model kit is still there, I would buy it.

And so, after seven days, and with you reading this blog and seeing the photo below, you would have guessed that it was still there. Yep.

Damn Outpost Toys for not selling their stuff to the unsuspecting public fast enough. Ha ha ha ha.

The V-Gundam is a series in the Gundam universe right after the Gundam Sentinels and F91, I think. But then again, I am not a serious Gundam fan nor will I ever be. I just like some of their designs. And so, in this V-Gundam series, you have the Core Booster plane thingy which is the actual unit of the whole Gundam mecha. The plane flies into the mecha's chest cavity through the back which also acts to integrate the arms and lower torso together. Anyway, as long as they do this before any fight, the survival rate would be much higher.

This is the model I got, the guy at the counter was kind
enough to give me a Gundam poster as 'free gift' too.

Back home, I pored through the assembly manual while
taking a dump (or making some Cadbury's if you like).
As I do not understand Japanese, I find it weird so see
this last picture. Two core boosters? Really?

So, it IS good and it IS true! You can make to Core
Fighters, each with a slightly different head and you
can put anyone of them into the Booster part. And,
best of all, (I think) you can transform and insert
the whole thing into the very latest 1/100 scale
ver. Ka V-Gundam model kit!

And they do not skimp on the parts either. Each
version of the head is complete with all its parts.

And there are two pilots. But for which version, I
have no idea. Damn. They're very small.

Not sure why the landing gears are in clear but
I think, if I were to use a white LED, the effect
is going to be very nice. However, the more I
think about it, I am not going to use them.

I like the yellow wing tip too but I was secretly
hoping for it to be in clear. So now, I have to
think up of another idea...........

And so, there you have it. A 1/100 ver. ka Gundam model. ver. ka means the re-imagined colour scheme and slight re-design of an existing Gundam unit by the famed mecha designer, Katoki Hajime. And as usual, I would most probably chuck it in my model stash until the electronic circuit is ready.....

I mean, just look at the console, which is less than 2mm x 2mm,
which is heck of a challenge to get the LED into that small area.
I mean, how can you make a small cavity with just a blade?

No comments: