I was forced to buy a used pair of slippers for RM35

 Yeah, that was expensive for a simple pair and I had no say in it. I did not even like the design but what's done is done and there's no refund either. In other words, while we were sleeping, a thief broke into my car.

 Long ago, I used to lock my car but with the, "Viper Armed" and "Viper disarmed" sound everyday, it kinda got tiring after a few years. And with my Bengmobile2, because the 'original' buzzer broke, I used a Proton Wira type of sounder, the also became tiring fast. Usually (most of the time when the school is out) when start the car for work, the sound can be quite jarring. Not only the whole house will know my odd-hours escape attempts, even the neighbours too. Having a weird work hour schedule is really asking for it. Thank goodness I stopped locking the car before someone else did it for me. I'm the only guy who does not lock his car...

 And for years, right in the compound, protected by high walls and fencing that challenges even the highest dwarf, I felt safe. Or rather, we all became complacent, never thought of such things could still happen after the turn of the Century. Yeah, we have have these decades ago because of the renovations around the area. Although it could not be proven, we do know, it was the the workers being adventurous at night since they're staying there.

 Anyway, it hit me when I was entering the car to go to work. I was wondering why the coins drawer was opened since I did not use any coins the previous night. And then, why did I open my Glove Box as well? The questions turned from 'Why' to 'Who'after seeing the pair of slippers. Looking back at the coins drawer, some notes were missing. And yeah, that's when I realised, my car had been broken into.

 

1. Why did I open the coins drawer? OK, it was more for cigarette butts. Then again, this car was designed in the last few decades where smoking was still considered OK.
2. I never do open the glovebox unless I need to use the tissue after there are no more 'clean' space on my arms to wipe my mouth.
3. These are not even my slippers but they do look comfortable.
 

 Still, I am not sure why the pair of slippers were left behind. Looking at them, these size 8 slippers were still in good condition. I am guessing that the thief took their time in the car and only disappear once they hear movement in the house when I was getting ready for work. After discussing it with the Family we reaslised this was an on-going problem for years. Even my Brother's sweat soaked torn laundry were taken as well. (OK, I was suprised at that one, maybe it was during the dark of the nights.)

They do look comfy though but I ain't gonna touch them. So, for the rest of the week, they traveled with me...

Nowadays, banks are not interested in converting and accepting your coins.
I have to find one that does since I have a 1/3 water bottle full. Kinda dropped some coins everytime I can but nowadays, we're all using online transactions.

Luckily, the bags designed by Dave Liew were still there.

 Later in the evening as I came back from work, my RM200+ seldom worn sneakers were gone. It was a present from my Wife which I would wear on special occasions. Well, hope you get run over by a cat driving a steam-roller, thief.

No comments: