Everyone likes Toshiba

Since I my first job was with Toshiba telephone products, I do admit I am biased towards it. And so, given the chance, I would recommend or even, convince anyone to use Toshiba phones. Its a very popular brand. So popular, that others would even like to make it personal, like these guys below.

When my Tech picked up the phone, he just mentioned
that its not working. When I took a look at it, that oh-so
familiar smell tells me the bad news. Luckily, we did not
freak out when the phone was opened. However, 8 years
ago, I freaked out because once I opened the phone, all
these little critters ran out in all directions!


However, in this case, its nothing much to worry about,
just dead ones in there. Still, there was one or two that
played possum until the very last moment.

Over here, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the crockcroach
cemetery. If you are squeamish about discarded skins
and limbs, I suggest you wait at the entrance until the
tour is over, thank you.


Anyway, back to the story. Apparently, the crockcroaches
have been living in the phone for ages and you can see how
much crap the motherboard has.


And did I mention that their urine is acidic? So, this
phone cannot be repaired. I mean, I am not going to
waste my time cleaning and disinfecting it, only to
find an irreplaceable component pee-d to oblivion.
Like it or not, I forced my techs to wash their hands
at least three times. Not because the smell won't go,
but you'd never know how dangerous the stuff is.

And so, everyone likes Toshiba. But in this case, to them, this is Toshiba City and not Toshiba Hotel. To me, its a Toshiba Phone and all who trespass inside must face the test of the Thinner Droplet....

No comments: