Transformers Red Alert

I am not sure why I bought this at all. Must be because a friend of mine urged me to go into lighting up Transformers. 'Many people will come to you fo rhelp', 'You'd be famous', 'bla-bla-bla...'. Yeah, I was suckered by the sweet talk. Maybe I am such a masochist as I have not been in this situation since well, years ago.

Anyway, this was the cheapest toy I could find. I need something that is 'current' and not too old since toys like Transformers evolve very fast. Long ago, when they took up the license from Takara, the toys were very 'stiff' but you can still transform it. Nowadays, most of them can be realistically posed and still transform, which is quite nice.

But its bad news for me, as we shall soon see...

This time, the Red Alert toy
is a Lamborghini Gallardo, or
something close to it.

Because, if you take this pic and refer them to other
actual real Lamborghini cars, you would notice that
it takes bits and pieces from them. That is how I felt
when I decided to look it up when I got bored....

Anyway, looking at the back
of the blister card, you can
now see how it transforms
into a robot and its ability
to pose dramatically.

So, how to light it up? Well, the first thing is that
the roof needs flashing lights and unfortunately,
there is not enough space for a battery... I have
seen some doing it by sacrificing a MIC toy or
pendant. This would achieve the goal of flashing
lights but, at the sacrifice that they are not
flashing
in the correct sequence.

And oh, how I hate ball joints. This makes the whole
wiring job even more difficult since if at all, it can
transform, it would limit the flexibility of posing. I
was very tempted to drill out the rear lights and
light it up. But now, I have my reservations.

So, what do you think? Yep, correct. Toss it to the 'to-do' bin until I have the time, which is very unlikely at the moment.

No comments: