The Phaser Rifle III

Since I have not had the chance to view the rifle up close, I woul dhave to assume a lot of things. So, I am assuming this little plastic thingy here would fit the rifle's scope. Its about 39mm at the front. This is for the scope in the front.

So, what I am proposing is to fit a 3W White Luxeon LED (5W is too much) into that pipe. But in the middle, I would be fitting a RM8.81 collimator lens which would narrow the radiating beam into a 10ยบ spot, more or less. And by coincidence, the inner tube of the pipe measures about 21.6mm, which is quite OK for the 20mm lens.

How am I going to secure them? Well, I am thinking of using non conducting epoxy puttyto seal the whole area except for the other side of the Luxeon Star where the other side of the metal heatsink must connect to another larger part of a heatsink to draw away the Luxeon's heat. Since the rifle scope will be on all the time, I would either have to make a big heatsink or use a Luxeon Driver circuit or both.


This is the RM0.30 pipe


Click this to see the bigger picture
Pipe <--Collimator Lens <-- Luxeon Emitter

No comments: