APR9600

I was at Pasar Road today, and decided to try the new chip which was reccomended to me months ago. This chip is, I think, is very similar to the ISD25XX series. In fact, if not for a few pins, they could be pin to pin compatible. Unfortunately, the ISD chip is no longer in production and not only that, remaining stocks are expensive. So, I decided to try this chip. And if this chips works as claimed in the datasheet, then it is much better than the ISD25XX (but I have yet to test the ISD2560 that I have bought earlier in the year). Anyway, a rough comparison of the main points are as follows, with the APR9600 against the ISD2560. But bear in mind, I could be wrong since I am going through these two datasheets at a glance.

1. Speaker output is 1Watt at 16 Ohms versus 50 miliWatt at 16 Ohms but both 12.2mWatt from memory. (I hope it is 1 Watt since we both checked some of the resistor values are wrongly labeled)

2. Supports three message management modes
- Random access with 2,4 or 8 fixed duration messages
- Normal tape mode
- Tape mode with auto rewind

3. Has LEDs for Busy, Recording/Playback, and End of Message
4. Optional "Beep" audio notification for recording and end of memory
5. Adjustable three sampling rates
6. Speaker can be paralleled when using multiple devices

I hope to get this set up as soon as possible. If it works, there are a lot of projects I can integrate into.


Hey, there, Big fella! I am your smaller cousin!

No comments: