A cheaper snip

Again, I love going to hair salons. I can find peace and quiet there. Really. When you enter one, if everyone is not so noisy, the cool air from the air-con and the silent whirr of some hair dryers will give you a sense of peace. When the girl comes and wash/massage your hair, you will feel at ease immediately. The cool water and shampoo mixture does wonders for your scalp. Sometimes, if you know them well, they will give you extra time washing your hair if there are no other customers waiting. And then, you will slowly fall asleep or about to. And when they start to cut your hair, it is heaven! The wonderful sounds of the scissors cutting your hair and the vibration it generates onto your skull really makes you float sleepily.

And there and then, if everything is right, you will either fall asleep, go into a trance or start to daydream. Any which way(apart from sleeping), I find that I get a lot of ideas coming from my head. Which is good because sometimes, its to do with designs and sometimes, its about solving an almost impossible problem.

Alas, this little luxury has ended. Years ago, I have no compulsion about getting my hair cut every month. Even when the prices went up from RM24 to about RM34. Then, after getting married, just to save some money, I get it cut every two months.

When the girls came out, I get it cut every three months.

But with the recent price hikes, trips to the hair salon is now a luxury.

So, while we were out shopping at the Pasar Malam, my wife pointed out one of those new haircut centres at the Bangsar Village. Its called "Cut and Go" if I am not mistaken. You just slot in RM15 (RM10 and a RM5 note) into a machine and wait for your turn. No shampoo, no scalp massage, no nothing. They just cut your hair to the style you want, vacuum your head and thats it. Simple. And I get to save more than RM15!

The owner of this concept is an absolute genius! The machine takes your cash so there is no money dispute with the staff. They vacuum your excess hair, so there is no need for extra plumbing to the salon and this save a lot on the water bill. And so, with minimal equipment, the space is just about 1/8 or less of a normal hair salon!

But for ladies who wants to perm their hair, colour them, etc., this is not the proper place. They just cut your hair and nothing else.

But one thing I can say is that now, with the new haircut, my usage of shampoo and hair gel has drastically reduced to just a fraction. I only need a few drop of hair gel now since there is literally nothing much to hold. Ha ha ha ha ha

My hair is so damn short now, its botak!
So, I have about another three months
before I got for another cut! Brilliant!

2 comments:

Nex said...

Wah, you got a haircut and turned into 'The Question!'

Eh, can give me a tour of the Justice League Watchtower ah? :p

CFC said...

No problem, but since it a Secret Base, I'd have to kill you after I showed it to you.........

You know how sensitive secrets are to these members.