The Malaysian Toll System

We're paying a lot for Tolls, aren't we? And who are the actual "beneficiaries"? I am not sure but I have a cynical view on this. What I am surprised is to why the Government needs to pay "compensation" to these Highway Concessionaires. Anyway, how it actually goes, I am not sure but this is my theory:

Crony wants some money and so, saw potential from
a piece of empty land. So, crony buys the land and
gets the Government to help

So, the Government "approves" of the Toll. And creates
a Company to do it. The Company then starts to charge
for the toll. The consumer has no choice but to pay.

And the Company then compensates the crony for the
use of the land while
the consumer looks on helplessly.

And if possible, the crony also wants to take everything
But the consumer also has other ideas

The consumer knows it can fight the crony and if
possible, expose them for what they are, by using
the Law.

And can even send them packing. The Government will
try to help but ti will be too late.


True or not, I am not sure (since these are the only photos that can go along with the story. Ha ha ha ha!)

No comments: