Problem Keeping Still

Godammit! My tripod broke just when I was taking photos of the Revoltech toy. It happened when I was securing the Nikon D50 to the tripod's clamp. Not sure what happened but I held the camera and then felt it loosen. Luckily, by reflex, my fingers grabbed onto the camera or else it would have fallen on to the floor.

Having a closer look, the plastic snapped off due to stress, I guess. Still, I am glad it happened because if it happened at other times which I was not that lucky, it would be bye-bye to everything. I had this for more than 15 years and it was my first tripod too. It was already broken in some areas but it was not that critical. But when the clamp broke, it was beyond redemption.

So, for the moment, I can't take night shots or other stuffs, especially with the heavy zoom lens under dark lighting. I just wonder how much a new tripod would cost. Maybe less than Rm100 and a bit heavy ones la. They should not costs more than RM 500 to RM5,000 kua.

This is the plastic which clamps on to another plastic piece
screwed to the camera's base. This allows me to quickly
detach the camera from the tripod if I need to

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to get a heavier tripod if you are going to mount the dslr... the previous tripod was not fit for the job. lucky your dslr din crash.

Anonymous said...

you've been lucky. if you plan to use tripods. make sure it is in good condition, i was not so lucky. i used my old tripod to hold my flash, suffice to say, mr. flash kissed mr. floor

CFC said...

Yeah, but now, I need to have some time to look for a second hand unit. A brand new one costs anything from RM360 to RM980. Haih.

My DIY tripod also cannot pakai one because the main component, the part where you screw to the camera must be firm and steady, so blu-tack is out of the question.