The T-Rex stripper

OK, OK, I don't know what else to call it as "Wire Stripper" just sounds so bland. I picked this up while we were lost in Penang. Found the wrong shop but boy, it has enough Engineering stuff to make the Engineer inside me drool. After asking for directions to the next shop, I eyed this tool and decided I must have it there and then. All the times I was in Pasar Road, it did not cross my mind to get one. Maybe it explains the empty feeling I always have when I leave the place (apart form my wallet)

Yes, the price was RM35 but she gave me a discount
that even the most kiamsiap Penangnite would faint
from disbelief. Alas, I only had enough to buy one.

I call it the T-Rex because the tool is shaped almost
like its head. Technically, its name would be mutated
T-Rex because under its jaw/neck, was a cutter tool.

How it works is, you insert the wire up to the correct length.
Then grip its legs which would shut the jaws and the inner
teeth would pull and strip the wire. Unfortunately, this is
also a very painful tool if you want to DIY remove your
foreskin down there.....

No comments: