The Pirated Shotgun

I've forgotten how much this one cost as I got this about more than two weeks ago somewhere in Klang. Initially, I did not bother much as it looked like one of those early BB shotgun designs that flooded Malaysia last year. But when I took a closer look (because I was a busy body), I noticed that they have changed the grip to that of sawn-off shotgun. It was nice except for the butt end which was a bit too flowery.

Nevertheless, I got one on the spot. Heh.

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present you the Pirated Shotgun. Ah, yes, there is a double meaning to the word "pirated" here. One, this is an actual shotgun based on the xxx but scaled down and I'll bet the manufacturer did not obtain license from the company. Second, I am very confident that everyone has copied everyone and so, you can see the same toy but with differing variations. Lastly, although its of no importance, if this gun exist during those days, I think none of us would have survived and lived like we are now. (Maybe its more exciting.)

OK, this is the package itself. Do not be fooled by the
red plastic bullets. I'll tell you why in a bit.


Overall, the design looks quite nice except for the butt
end of the grip. But in real life, this gun does not make
any sense because although it looked like a pump shot
gun, there is another bullet cartridge at the bottom, as
if it can fire two types of bullets simultaneously.

Coming back to the red plastic bullets, they are the ones
with sucker pads at the other end. Which means, if you
go and launch it, it will stick to a nice flat glossy surface
for a few seconds before falling prey to Gravity. But in
this case, the gun was unable to fire these and so, into
the bin they go. No point keeping them and also they
might give ideas to the girls to stuff other sharp things
(apart from the darts) into the barrel.

So, why did I say that? Its because of this part which
looked very familiar. Although on the outside it looks
like a sighting add-on, its actually a cover......


...for you to but in some BB bullets. Once loaded, you just
pump the gun and fire. However, I am not interested in
it working as I will be (when I have the time) turning it
into something else. Right now, I'll just have to collect
more parts before I can do anything more.


The grip looks and feel OK but I might have to cut away
those "flowery" decorations. I mean, have you ever seen
a pansy Pirate?

No comments: