That LED strip II

The progress so far. Can't continue until my paycheck's through by this Saturday. Need to buy another microcontroller chip to replace the burnt out one. (Hey, it was my last chip)

OK, so I got this small LED to glow on and off
first. Pres the black button, it will glow on and
off very fast. Press the yellow, it will do it very
slowly. Press both and I made sure it will not
light up anymore. Leave it alone and it will
glow on and off moderately.

Now, the main problem is to make the LED strip glow
with a high current. Its not easy because when I used
my normal transistor, it was not powerful enough and
I had to go all the way to Pasar Road to get a MOSFET
transistor. All for naught because it blew the controller
chip. Haih. I still don't believe I wasted the weekend
and risked my Wife's temper for this.

2 comments:

Nex said...

Sorry to rush you, but is it done yet? CNY is two weeks away and it'll take Pos M'sia at least one week to get it here...

CFC said...

Give me a few more days. Just got screwed kau-kau by Boss for going down to Pasar Road.

And this Saturday is a Public Holiday, I have to wrap up a lot of things in the office.