Why Kaelynn hates Homework

Tonight's homework is very simple. Draw 1's inside the square box. She can do that easily and even faster than Kristine but there is one thing I noticed which is that she does it for the sake of wanting to finish it fast. Which means (I hope not) she is not learning.

Daddy said, "Draw the 1's inside the square box."
And in less than 3 minutes, it was all completed.


Taking a closer look, all the 1's are not consistent
and most of them were crooked as heck. So, I got
her to erase the bad ones and start again. She did
improve a bit but not good enough so, she had to
start all over again. And again. And again.

After some scolding and crying,
she finally got it right but I am
not too happy about this approach
as she still in a playful mode. I
just hope this does not discourage
her from learning.

2 comments:

Blueyebabe said...

Wah, u r too strict oledi, she is too young to learn without in a playful mode. This will cause her start hate writing, like last time my mom cane me till cry when I did not read faster in English, and caused me hate English till now!!!

Sometimes some kids have to play and learn together then only they can absorb faster.

CFC said...

Wah, like that also can, ah?

Anyway, she played too much and I do want her to be a bit serious when doing homework. Strange now that nowadays, she got no homework.......