Vee-chai's first 1000

Finally, today was the day Vee-chai needs to be service. Its a very important service because he has already surpassed the 1000 mark. It was supposed to be last week but because of some last minute arrangements and all, I decided to postpone it to this Saturday. I mean, servicing the car on a Wednesday and during working hours is not a very good idea.

Anyway, by the time I arrived at 1040, the place was already full of people and the compound was more like a car storage yard with a lot of Myvi's waiting to be service or to be collected. So, I just had to wait until 11 where I expected to be attended to.

The waiting area is quite small and with all the chairs being taken up, other customers had to
wait outside the area, making
the whole place look more like a Doctor's clinic. Although there
were some Astro programs (but you need someone to change the channel for you) and a generous helping of newspapers, there was no Wifi. Something which I expected whenever I was in Toyota (down the road). So, hidden in one corner were a bunch of people who brought their Laptops trying to look busy even though with no there was no Wifi except for one or two who had to use those wireless dingle things from Celcom or Maxis. No Digi here though.

By the time I informed the Service Advisor about Vee-chai's brake discs, he told me that I would have to collect the car around half-past four. He also asked if I wanted to put in a cabin filter for RM28 so, I replied fine, put it in and also the RM50 alarm beep as well. And by 1130, I was ready to go home. Which is not a problem for me.

Until I realised my Wife did not reply her SMS... So I had to walk to the nearest LRT station from Perodua. Which is not a problem for me until I realised I was really out of shape. Using my Nokia 5800's OVI maps, I was walking at a speed of only 5km/h.

During the LRT journey, I was surprised that
the GPS signal is still good. And so, here you
go, folks, prove that i was running..... at 37Kmh

Oh-oh, we're running out of tracks...

And now, we're crashing into the Federal Highway

I wanted to take the shot of the Midday traffic
jam but after taking one test shot, I missed it
because the Nokia 5800 literally hang. Last
time, it was OK eventhough the OVI Maps
was running in the background.

After 5 minutes, I have reached my destination.
And through the OVI, the LRT max speed was

Again, there is a problem with the Nokia...
One screen was the photo and behind it
was the OVI Maps... weird

Looking at the proposal chart for the new Sungai Buloh-
Kajang route, those people living in Taman Tun Dr. Ismal
are really going to suffer. For years, they bear with the
overhead construction and the heavy traffic it caused.
And now this. Haih. But in Singapore, its a different story.

And so, another 1.5Km walk. I got up to
6Kmh speed without much hassle but it
is a very hot day. By the time I reached
home, my heart was beating extremely
fast which I think, was caused by walking
up the hill. Man, I am out of shape.

By 1515, Perodua called me up to say Vee-Chai is ready.
Nothing much to check on since its raining but I can tell
you that they did not wash the car. Maybe its an option
but during this time, its not a good idea.

The car is neat and tidy and they even pack the excess
engine oil for you so you know its not coming from a
big tong or

And they even put back the service book on the plastic
too. Which is a nice touch.

Thinking back, last Friday, I have already used 970-odd KM and just now, the Odo showed it was 1740Km. Wow. I can tell you that by end of April, it will be Vee-chai's first 5000Km service. Just like my Bengmobile when I was a Field Engineer many years ago. We chalk up a minimum average of 100Km per day.

No comments: