Hot Mama

After reading Dr. Liew's Blog on the Takoyaki, I was tempted to try it out today because we were tasked to buy some obscure or rare VCD titles. It was rare because no one else wants to sell some fuddy duddy boring title that comes in three series with about 33 episodes. Since we're already hungry, I decided to go up to the sith floor for that Takoyaki. Unfortunately, on the way there, we were waylaid to a new restaurant (after opening the wrong door).

This place is caled Hot Mama, which was quite new. Previously, it was a small air-con foodcourt which guarantees foody smells on your clothes after you eat there.


Reading the bottom line


The decor at Hot Mama


I was mesmerised by the orange acrylic discs and flowers in the centre


Here is a closer look. Pardon my T630 camera


Although the seats on the left was unique, not much people sat there becase of the air-con vents which blows directly at them. After completing thier orders, these girls later moved to the right


The walls were quite nice. Previously, it was filled with smaller food stalls


My drink of choice, the special chestnut [Order no. 70 at RM3.90]
It was like drinking soup as there were too much chestnuts in there (About 40%). In the end, after the waiter took away our dishes, I has to use the Heart stirer to eat the chestnuts. I did not want to ask my Wife how her RM0.50 water tasted.


Wifey's Tom Yam Noodles [Order no. 46 at RM9.90]
You know, although all tom Yams tastes the same to me, this one is different because you know its horribly bad.
And when it came, it literally reminded me of someone vomiting into it as all the bits of food were floating on top of the very thin Tom Yam soup. As for the noodles hiding deep in the bowl, its best left at that.


My order, the Roast Beef Rice [Order no. 37 at RM9.50]
I can tell you staight away on this one. The beef was dry and tough, the sauce was salty and the lettuce leaf tasted like it was left on the table for hours.

So, do I want to go back there? I am not sure. Although the food pictured in the menu looked attractive, its more of a case of being fooled by the picture. As I recalled, I always try to steer away from any shops operated by young teenagers and what with the handkechiefs wrapped on their heads like some pirate, I should have heeded my instincts. Still maybe their chicken rice balls does not look too bad............

As we left, I wanted to treat my Wife to a round of ice-creams at Famous Amos to console her but unfortunately, my bowels protested which resulted in my losing a lot of things in the toilet.

No comments: