Neslo Ais.......satu!

When I was studying, I submitted to the facts that coffee can keep you awake. Really awake.

Well, this was never true for me because the next day, I slept like a log

Still, at that time, I drank them as if they're water and by the litres. you can imagine what caffeine and sugar did to me for the rest of the day. But what I was really addicted to was the taste. That unmistakeable coffee taste. Unfortunately, I can never get a good cup of thick coffee. So, yes, like any other students who loves their drinks, I started to mix my own drinks. And as far as I can remember, here are some of the results:

01) Nescafe with Lipton Tea (good)
02) Nescafe with Lipton Tea and Lemon (yum yum)
03) Nescafe with Sardine (not too good)
04) Nescafe with Sardine and CornFlakes (-censored-)
05) Nescafe with Cadbury's Hot Chocolate (Heaven!)
06) Nescafe with Sugar and Skimmed milk (hey! this is normal!)
07) Coke with Ice Cream (Oh my God! Yucks!)
08) Coke with CornFlakes (Definitely not a good idea)
09) Water with CornFlakes (Ditto)
10) Other coffee brands with vanilla, and other flaours (Nescafe? What is that?)
11) Well, you get the idea

Later, I came to realise that there were others who mixed their drinks successfully and is readily accepted by the public, hare are some of the drinks I have discovered and I seldom go out much at that time:

01) Soya Milk with Chinese Black jelly aka Leong Fun
This drink is known as Hak Bak (or Black & White in Cantonese) or Michael Jackson because the Soya Mil is white while the Jelly is black.......

02) Neslo
Its Nescafe mixed with Milo (or Ovaltine, methinks). Many would have tried this at home but what makes it the mamak special is I think they add condensed milk instead of the normal sugar and milk.

03) Air Bandung
Its actually Rose Syrup and Condensed Milk. Too sweet for me



Whoohoo! Glutinous rice and chee cheong fun drowned in chili and gravy
with a cup of Neslo Ice.

No comments: