Communication Obstruction

Whenever I go to a new customer, I always have a bad premonition that their PBX is never well maintained. This customer is no different. As they had limited space, they chucked everything into the small closet. I do not like it because this would mean that whichever party is called for maintenance, there is a very high chance that they will "disturb" other equipment that has no concern to them.

So, when I was doing my part, I had to warn the customer what could happen (their computer network would be disrupted) because I needed to remove their network cabinet which is obstructing the DP Box that I would need to have access to. Since I was in a good mood, I gave the customer a terse lecture why it is important not to block things.


This is what I hate most.
The DP (Distribution Point) Box in the middle is blocked by the network server housing


I can barely open the cover as the cables to the network cabinet below is making it difficult to shift and its quite dark.
So I used the White LED torchlight


There is another box above but this is for incoming lines.
See how well it is maintained

No comments: