Car maintenance

So, it was on Wednesday that I got the time to get my car's engine oil changed. I was so occupied with my work that I did not realise that my car has clocked more than 13,000km, which was 8,000km more than it should be. Thank goodness I was using Castrol Magnatec (Whether it worked, I am not sure. Ha ha ha)

Anyway, years back (when I had lots of money and single) I regularly changed my car's engine oil every 5,000km, which is about one and a half months. Now, I changed them at every 10,000km interval. But sometimes, it is not a good thing to do although YS said its OK. And when I changed them, its always followed by the paper air filter (no money for a K&N drop-in), Oil filter and fuel filter.

Once the change in done, I can feel the difference. The car does not consume so much petrol nor feel sluggish. Yeah, you have to change the engine oil because when it breaks down, it becomes a thick black goo which literally could clog up your engine.

So, I had mine done at YS Khong's and best of all, because I knew them, we sort of updated each other on news and such. Occasionally, if I happen to be there at the right time, we get to test out the Rally Cars.

This morning, I felt so happy when I turn the igniton switch. The car came to life instantly and I had a nice drive to work, even on my sore foot (and driving like an Ah-Pek).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah... i agree that an oil change really breathes life to the car... fuel consumption is less and the engine revs more smoothly... :D