Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun

Everytime I went up to Teluk Intan (during my courting days), I never failed to pack some Chee Cheong Fun for my family. This is the place I always frequent, the Seng Kee Kopitiam (next to Hoover Hotel). Five years ago, this was a happening place, even though there were no street lights. You can have some Satay, "tai chau", Ice Kacang, Dim Sum, etc. But with the completion of the new "highway" in front of it, many stalls relocated. And businesses dropped rapidly even though traffic increased.


This is THE Place


Here, you have a Chee Cheong Fun making machine.
You pour the chee cheong fun liquid onto the trays, where it will roll into the machine via conveyor belts and at the other end, you have the chee cheong fun.


The lady then roll up the chee cheong fun and cut them into pieces


Tada!!!

It is now 2006, slowly the traders are coming back....


Manwhile on the opposite road, the competitor "Sam Siew Yieh" has opened a shop
But even then, business was poor. I do not like their chee cheong fun as it was too oily


No comments: