The Phaser Rifle XII

[Belated post: 23.09.2006]
Finally, I got the chance to have a good look at the Rifle. OK, its mine but I could not hold it for long due to "Wife Patrol". Thanks to Richard for bringing it all over to Cineleisure and also for Kenny to do his usual thing for my stuffs. Ha ha ha.


The weight of the rifle feels nice but looking at it, the model needs a lot of work. There would be a lot of sanding and puttying, something which I am not looking forward to since I suck-ed at it. (I found out that I just cannot do proper modelling stuff) Moreover, apart from breathing in the toxic resin powder generated from all that sanding, I am more concerned about accidentally breaking it since it is realy hollow.

Then, there is the problem with the rifle's scope because looking at it, I think it is better to rebuild the scope from scratch as it is actually a solid block of resin instead of being hollow which I had hoped to be (I also hoped that the Tooth Fairy came and gave me a bag of gold for all those teeth I lost when I was young) Shall I use sheets of styrene or try vacuum-forming? I think I'll have to ask Kenny for help later on.


This is how the rifle looked like


The rough detail of the rifle


Time to polish the stick


I think, maybe I would be doing the sliding cover (left)


The scope looked so nice


But it is solid resin, mind you


Yeah, this has to be hollow, man


Part of the rifle's side. There were more parts in the bag but there was no time for me to take more exploratory pictures

No comments: