The Playmates Tricorder III

OK, I have fine tuned the parts a bit. The actual prop would have about 9 slices for the sensor and I think, each one is about 1.5mm thick. However, if I were to follow this, the size of the sensor would be still be 13.5mm long. Give the wastage of about 0.5mm (blade thickness) we could be looking approxaimately at a 13.0mm by 1.1mm square hole from the toy, which is close enough.

If only I did not lose this part along with the stickers.

Anyway, I decided to redo them using 1.5mm acrylics and have them laser-cut. There will be nine pieces and an extra little strip for the 8 LEDs. I saw this on some of the actual props and decided to add them onto the frame. Hopefully, the laser-cutting guys can accomodate this design. The blank square on the bottom right is a bit wasteful but I have yet to find anything else to put into. I will try to build the kit following Gerry's manual and see if there are other things I can use for the blank area.


I called them today but no one is picking up the phone
Not surprising as most companies gave their staff the
day off since it is the eve of Hari Raya


No comments: