My new Mouse

OK, so I had to sacrifice again. My mouse broke, just a day before the 2 months was up. And I usually go through them like I go through those mobile-phone handsfree kits: Months or even weeks. This is because I carry my trusty Toshiba Notebook wherever I go and with its daily plugging in and out and also the twisted cables, it could not take it anymore. I could have repaired the suspected faulty cable like my previous mouse but since it is so thin, the only result would be me uttering a lot of profanities.

And when it comes to choosing the mouse, I do have a few requirements, mainly the two side buttons which allows me to switch pages to and fro (or up and down), especially when surfing or doing documentation. Size comes next as I hate small mouse which tires my hand. Next would be the usual optical sensors and USB connectivity. Features are always last on my mind.

But this time, due to my tight financial problem, I had to make do with a smaller mouse but with the same 2-side button features which, by now, I cannot do without. And because of this, I saved RM10, as the mouse costs me RM39 (which is one and a half day's worth of petrol and toll). So, for the next few days, I "try" not to go anywhere far. But that is not right because it is my job, that is, until my new technician comes in and I have fully trained him.

Usually, the mouse I bought are A4 Tech brands and they really do last me quite a while. But for these new mouse, because of their fragile thin USB cables, I really cannot say. If I don't go mobile everyday, the mouse would survive. But the company would suffer. So how?

This is my old mouse. It has the 2-side buttons, the double-click orange button,
and claims that it can be used on glass surfaces. Yeah, right. My dining table has
a plastic transparent cover and the mouse went nuts on it.

The old mouse (left) and the new mouse (right). Notice the
similarities?

The new mouse is smaller but this macro shot made it otherwise

Don't believe me? See how my fingers had to curve
on the new mouse?

No comments: