Firefly Rev-8

Here is a quick glance of the Firefly Rev-8 NERF gun. I had to come early to the office to *ahem* test and photograph it. The N-Strike (Enlist, Engage, Enforce, don't ask me why it did not start with "E") series of the NERF guns are wonderfully designed. It can be painted black (or whatever) and still would not look out of place in a Science Fiction (or real) movie. Of the N-Strike series, so far I have accumulated the knock-off Maverick, now the Firefly and soon, the Scout (on the way). The only NERF series which I did not have was the Longshot Rifle. The Titans and the Hornet was not my cup of tea although the latter has a very nice grip.

Anyway, after a few test rounds, I found out that this Firefly was very weak in shooting out the dart. I have yet to test the other three, but no matter, my plans to convert them does not involve shooting out darts. Hee hee hee


The Firefly is quite hefty and it fits quite comfortably in my hand, with the
butt-end against my biceps.


This is the front end of the rifle and as you can see, it holds eight rounds




I loved the view from here. The orange part is to cock/load the round
You have to hold the rifle with one hand and use the other to slide it
towards your shoulder. You have to do the for every round
But that will change later.....


Oh, this is the reason why the darts are made of glow-in-the-dark
plastics. As you pull the trigger, it will set off a flash unit above the
barrel and make the dart glow. So, its like firing a tracer round. But
if you fire too fast, then there is not enough time to charge the flash
until another round has gone.


No comments: