Battery Checker

Although I have a temperemental multi-meter, I could not resist getting this battery tester. There were two version on sale, both with the same price but I got this one instead because the other model resembled more of a digital sperm. OK, because its design of having a long tale would be considered too "fragile" when I put it into my trusty toolbox.

This is a very simple concept. The little box houses a very small meter. You just connect the suspected battery onto the probes/connectors provided and then read the result from the meter. It can test batteries from AAA to AA to D to C to N and other 1.5v cells. Even button batteries and 9volts are can be tested. Bear in mind, if I am not mistaken, the meter has been calibrated for 1.5volt batteries and also 9volts. Any other voltages might give you a wrong reading. Like those 12v car alarm batteries.

But then, what if the button cells that are 3 volts? Hmmm...



Nice and compact


See? Just flip the "leg" open and connect the battery for testing

1 comment:

Will said...

quite a smart design