Another trip down South Part One

Well, what can I say? This is really a good one, I tell you. I have to go to only two sites in one day, namely Kulai and JB (Johor Baru) and also, in that order. But like Murphy’s Law, everything went wrong at all levels. Its going to be a long story, folks, so you might as well make a cup of coffee and get comfortable with that chair.

The day before, I was in Seremban upgrading a PABX to a bigger unit. But because we’re all overloaded with service calls for the day, I was not too happy leaving my remaining technician to fend for himself. Anyway, halfway through the journey, I was redirected to go to JB first instead of Kulai because someone assumed that the customer wants to leave early since it is Fasting month. And because of the van’s 90Kmh speed limit, we would be reaching there by five in the evening. So, I had to make sure we arrived there well before the cut-off time. Because we’re rushing and because my PDA went dead, I had to rely on barely audible instructions over the handphones. And as luck would have it, we took a wrong turn which cost us over two hours to get out as we were stuck in the area’s evening traffic jam. By the time we found our way, it was way past seven in the evening. Luckily, the customer broke her fast in the office as she really waited for us. But we’re not so lucky in Kulai as the customer left by six in the evening, according to the half-asleep security guard.

The funny thing was, the customer in Kulai went home early while the customer in Johor left late, which was the opposite. Going back to KL now is not an optiona and with limited cash for a day trip, spending the night at a Hotel is really going to cost us. But as luck would have it, there was a Hotel just across the road and we only pay Rm45 for the night. They even had Wifi too but with a very weak signal, I gave up after trying to log on for more than twenty minutes. Anyway, I have calculated that with the money spent for the Hotel, I would have to fork out a bit so that we can still go back to KL the next day. So, after dinner, we searched for some ATMs. I am not sure what the heck happened because all the ATMs we went were either full of Bangladeshis or are flashing the "Out of Service" sign. Must be payday for them. And speaking about money, I have yet to bank in my paycheque since I was so busy going outstation and early appointments for the past few days. So, its going to be tight for the next few days.



Bought a book of parking tickets. So, the van is “safe” from 8AM 1130AM tomorrow


I must have a nice shampoo even if there are no change of clothes. This Clear
shampoo series really has a cooling effect on both the scalp and wherever you
apply them on your body. And then when you rinse yourself, you’ll experience
the cooling effect from the top of your head to the crack in your butt


Here is a surprise. The Hotel actually provides you with a set of toothbrush
and some toothpaste! But being what they are, its not easy to brush with it
as the handles are quite soft. In the end, its more like finger brushing as you
really need your finger to support the toothbrush


And we spent one night for this:
Bring the phone to the room and plug it in

No comments: